Affiliate Marketing Training Programs and Courses

My Days as a Non Profit Volunteer

For several years, I worked as a non profit volunteer for the Society of St. Vincent de Paul. It was not an especially glamorous charity, but I liked the work that it did and I wanted to try to make a difference. I have to say, even though it was sometimes very hard work, I look back on that time in my life with great fondness.

It happened one day when I was at church and members of the society from another parrish came to speak about the work that the organization did, encouraging people to join. I was impressed by the fact that it helped people in a very personal manner, and I wanted to join. I grabbed one of the registration forms and decided to sign up. I had always wanted to be a non profit volunteer in some form or fashion, and this seemed like the perfect opportunity.

I went to the first meeting and listened in on everything that was said. I was very interested, and then it came time for someone to volunteer to be president. For a long time, we were silent. While we all liked the idea of being a part of the organization, none of us really wanted to take on the leadership role and before long, the speaker was pleading with all of us to volunteer. It reached the point that I began to realize we were in danger of not having this organization at our church. So I volunteered, and was immediately voted in as president.

I originally wanted to be a non profit volunteer, but now I was leading a group of them, and I was not sure at all about what I was doing. However, when we started doing the actual work, I realized that I had made the right decision. Doing home visits to the poor of our community and helping them financially and spiritually was like nothing I had ever encountered. It was such an eye-opening experience to see how some people live, and it made us all grateful that we had so much. It also made us feel great to know that while a lot of organizations would not help those people, we did.

Deciding to become a non profit volunteer really impacted my life in a positive way. I feel that I am a better person because of my experience as a member of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, and I served as president of the organization for five and a half years. I made some great friends there that I have remained friends with ever since, and I felt that I contributed something to society.
You have read the best review article categorized by free tips and the title My Days as a Non Profit Volunteer. You can bookmark or spread this post by using this URL http://howto-howto8.blogspot.com/2011/08/my-days-as-non-profit-volunteer.html. Thank You!

Comments :

0 comments to “My Days as a Non Profit Volunteer”

Post a Comment

Affiliate Marketing Training Programs and Courses
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive