Affiliate Marketing Training Programs and Courses

Adult Onset Diabetes and My Family

Several members of my family have been affected by adult onset diabetes, and I determined at a very young age that I would not follow the same path. After watching the way it has impacted my family, I am making it my personal goal to educate people about the difficulties of the condition.

My aunt developed adult onset diabetes in her late 20s. She had struggled with obesity her entire life, and it was not that big of a shock when she learned she had developed the condition. She had to start taking insulin and had a very difficult time regulating her blood sugar. I remember on more than one occasion, she felt like she was about to pass out, and had to be revived by drinking orange juice. She said her lifestyle had completely changed, and said he always wished she had made better choices when it came to her diet.

One of my cousins had never really had a problem with his weight, but his mother had adult onset diabetes, and apparently, it was hereditary for him. The sad thing about it is that he did not treat it at all, and he had some serious problems because of it. As much as his family tried to convince him of the problems he would have from leaving his diabetes untreated, he would not listen. Eventually, he had to have one of his legs amputated. It was one of the saddest things that I have ever seen, and one of the things that made it so upsetting was the fact that it was preventable.

My uncle developed adult onset diabetes when he was in his 30s, and he actually started treatment and was able to adjust to it fairly quickly. He has kept it under control, but the fact of the matter is that, for him, it is a terrible inconvenience. He said it is expensive to pay for his medication and that it is a real hassle to have to remember to take it every day. He said that it has been the worst thing that ever happened to him, because it is something that annoys him every single day, and it is also something that will likely never go away.

I decided that I would do all that I could to avoid adult onset diabetes, and I have made it a point to keep my weight within a healthy range and exercise on a regular basis. I eat as healthful as possible and I watch my sugar intake. I go and get checked regularly, and so far, everything is all right. I am always aware that it could happen, but I will do whatever I can to prevent it from happening.
You have read the best review article categorized by free tips and the title Adult Onset Diabetes and My Family. You can bookmark or spread this post by using this URL http://howto-howto8.blogspot.com/2011/10/adult-onset-diabetes-and-my-family.html. Thank You!

Comments :

0 comments to “Adult Onset Diabetes and My Family”

Post a Comment

Affiliate Marketing Training Programs and Courses
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive